An opportunity has arisen for a 2nd Line Engineer to join one of Scotland’s fastest growing IT companies.
Based in Glasgow, Cloud Cover IT has one of the largest independent teams of developers and support staff to provide a wide range of solutions to clients and partners around the world.
At Cloud Cover IT, we aim to provide you with a job description which allows you to perform the role successfully. These descriptions should not be seen as setting any limitation on the expectations of your role, which will through experience, training and development evolve.
Not limited to:
- Experience of troubleshooting Microsoft desktop operating systems, gained within a commercial environment.
- Experience of troubleshooting Microsoft server operating systems from Server 2008 on, gained within a commercial environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and single sign on, including troubleshooting and configuration.
- A good understanding of network services & protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP and similar.
- The ability to diagnose and repair common network issues such as loss of connectivity in an efficient and accurate manner.
- A good understanding of network concepts such as routing, switching, VPN & VLAN.
- Basic IP telephony skills, basic fault-finding, installation and configuration.
- Excellent customer service skills, both on site and by telephone.
- The ability to take ownership of an issue and ensure it is resolved or escalated in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-client environment with minimal supervision.
- Competitive rate of pay
- 28 days annual leave entitlement
- Flexible working opportunities
- Training and development opportunities
- Progression opportunities
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org