In light of ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19, Cloud Cover IT has activated its business continuity plans. Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers and other stakeholders, as well as the continuity of our services to safeguard the interests of our clients.
We have established that all members of staff within the organisation are able to work from home and data security measures have been put in place to ensure the security of that work.
Working from home
We are discussing with clients the best ways in which they can maintain access to their data.
- SharePoint users: Make the files and documents you need readily available in the Cloud through your Office 365 account.
- OVH Cloud Hosting users: Remotely access your data through a VPN and Remote Desktop.
- Non-Cloud customers: Assess your company’s remote work/workplace readiness. Can we help? If so, get in touch promptly as we anticipate that our teams will become very busy setting up remote working solutions for clients over the coming weeks.
- Remote workers: If you are using a personal or home device, restrict your work to SharePoint or Remote Desktop. Under no circumstances should a VPN be used from home computers, as this poses a risk to cyber security, as well as data security under GDPR.
Do you need help configuring your devices to enable remote working?
Most employees will have access to either a personal or supplied device, be it a laptop, tablet or smartphone. But how many of those devices are properly set up to enable a seamless transition to the home office?
Our Helpdesk team is here to help. We are offering a fast and affordable service to configure any device with the tools needed to protect your productivity and keep your business moving forward. Get in touch if you or your business require this service.
Our Response Plan
We are complying with government and public health organisation guidelines in order to keep everyone safe. Our staff are taking the necessary precautions and, where possible, restricting visits to sites unless absolutely necessary.
We have initiated a response plan consisting of five levels of severity. Currently, we are operating at Level 5 (the lowest level of severity). This means that the following measures have been taken:
- Regular communication plan established
- Remote working capabilities have been tested
- Some remote working for staff
- Site visitor checks
Commitment to staff and customers
We have successfully tested our ability to deliver our services remotely, including the capability to monitor our data clients and platforms. All our employees have the necessary tools to carry out their responsibilities from a remote location. Where appropriate, we will segregate our workforce into teams that can operate from different locations, thereby minimising the risk of cross-contamination.
All visitors to Cloud Cover IT’s offices will be required to confirm:
- That they are not experiencing flu-like symptoms
- Whether or not they have travelled to an area known for a high number of cases of the virus within the last 14 days
- Whether or not they may have come into contact with anyone who may have contracted the virus
All visitors are expected to practice elevated levels of personal hygiene while at a CCIT site. This includes:
- Cleaning hands with sanitising gel upon entering the site. Additional hand sanitisers have been placed at the entrances
- Liquid soap, disposable towels and sanitising gel are available in our restrooms
We greatly appreciate your understanding and co-operation throughout this situation. We will continue to closely monitor this issue and will keep you informed of any significant changes to these procedures.
Should you have any questions or require any further information at this stage, please speak to:
Our Helpdesk Team: +44 (0) 141 280 2882 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicola Brown, Office Manager: email@example.com
Or myself: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO, Cloud Cover IT Services Limited
Last updated: 20th March 2020